A new take on a classic, this steak sandwich is made vibrant with the zingy, herby addition of chimichurri – don’t be intimidated, it couldn’t be easier to make.
Steak Sandwich with Chimichurri
You can't beat a steak sandwich, especially beautifully charred, blushing pink steak with zingy chimichurri on soft ciabatta
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- 1 sirloin steak
- ½ bunch parsley
- ½ bunch coriander
- 1 tbsp M&S green sliced jalapenos
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bag watercress
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 180C fan/ Gas mark 6. Bake the ciabatta for 8-10 minutes.
- Heat a pan until very hot, and season the steak and drizzle in a little oil before cooking for 2-3 minutes on each side. Rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Mix the parsley, coriander, jalapeno chilli, red wine vinegar, oregano, garlic and olive oil together in a bowl and season.
- Cut open the ciabatta and dress each side with the chimichurri. Scatter over the watercress and top with sliced steak.