Moroccan Minced Walnut Flatbreads
To kick-start vegan month (November), California Walnuts has developed seven meatless meals for each day of the week.
The mild and creamy flavour of California Walnuts can be enjoyed in a host of recipes. Once ground, walnuts also offer a wholesome, plant-based meat substitute that can work in curries, pizza toppings and more.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 100 g California Walnuts plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tsp harissa paste
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 flatbreads
- 100 g houmous
- 50 g pomegranate seeds
- Finely chop the walnuts and place in a bowl, cover with lukewarm water for 20 minutes, drain well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 5 minutes, add the harissa and honey then add the walnuts and half the coriander and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Warm the flatbreads and spread with the houmous. Sprinkle over the walnut mixture and then the pomegranate seeds, extra chopped walnuts and the remaining coriander.
- Great rolled up in wraps or used to fill pittas instead of flatbreads.
Serving: 356g | Calories: 944kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 63g | Saturated Fat: 7.7g | Fibre: 15g | Sugar: 16g