Pin Print Potato, Spring onion & Feta Frittata Servings 4 servingsPrep time 5 minutesCooking time 20 minutes A superbly simple one-pan recipe, Alice Liveing’s delightful frittata offers a healthy yet hearty meal that the whole family can enjoy! Ingredients 250g cooked new potatoes, sliced 4 Clarence Court Burford Brown eggs 1 handful of dill 4 […]
Rice Up Your Life! We have some delicious and easy new recipes to tempt you to try a new rice dish.
Pin Print Vegan Rice Pudding with Roasted Plums Servings 2 servingsPrep time 5 minutesCooking time 15 minutes Rice Up Your Life! We have some delicious and easy new recipes to tempt you to try a new rice dish. Ingredients For the plums 1 tbsp maple syrup 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 300g ripe plums, stoned and […]
Whether you’re following a vegan diet, or simply trying to enjoy more plant foods, nutritionist for Discover Great Veg, Pixie Turner has shared two delicious, nutritious, and quick-to-prepare mealtime recipe ideas… Both the All-the-Greens Risotto and Cavolo Nero Salad with Sweet Potato, Pear, Walnut, and a Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing, provide two of the five […]
A hug in a bowl on a cold evening – plus an excellent speedy recipe for Welsh Rarebit.
Cawl Cennin - Welsh Leek Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 3 leeks medium, cleaned and sliced
- 400 g potatoes roughly chopped
- 900 ml vegetable stock
- 150 ml double cream
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
For the Quick Welsh Rarebit Toast
- 225 g cheddar cheese grated
- 25 g butter softened
- 1 tbsp Wocestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp English Mustard
- 2 tbsp Welsh ale or milk
- 4 slices bread toasted
- To make the soup, heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion, leek and potato and cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened and lightly coloured.
- Add the stock and seasoning, bring to the boil then cover, reduce the heat to simmer for 15 minutes or until the potato is tender.
- Whiz with a hand blender to a smooth consistency then reheat, stir in the cream or crème fraiche and adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Meanwhile for the Welsh Rarebit, crumble the cheese and mix with the butter, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and ale or milk. Spread evenly over the toast and cook under a preheated grill for 1-2 minutes to melt the cheese and tinge brown in places.
- Ladle the hot soup into bowls and garnish with chopped parsley. Cut the Welsh Rarebit into triangles to enjoy with the soup.
A healthy, vegan breakfast featuring a dose of heart-healthy turmeric. Turmeric and especially its most active compound curcumin have many scientifically-proven health benefits, such as the potential to prevent heart disease, Alzheimer’s and cancer. It’s a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant and may also help improve symptoms of depression and arthritis.
Mango Smoothie Bowl
- 1 pack M&S Simply Mango
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 1 pinch turmeric
- coconut yoghurt to serve
- 1 tbsp granola
- fresh fruit of choice
- Blitz the mango with the turmeric and coconut milk until just smooth. Pour the smoothie into two bowls.
- Top with the granola and fruit of your choice: raspberries and kiwi work well. Finish with a scoop of coconut yoghurt.